Microneedling has become a global trend in the beauty industry. It has been proven to treat many skin-related issues. Even women and men with good skin have tried out microneedling to keep their skin healthy, firm and younger looking.
- The treatment area is cleaned with a saline solution before the procedure.
- Microneedling device with tiny needles is rolled over the skin with the proper technique.
- This creates puncture wounds on the skin.
- Microneedling is not painful as it is done under topical anesthesia.
- This won’t damage the skin but triggers the skin repair process.
- This will accelerate collagen production and heals the skin from within.
- A skin nourishing serum is massaged all over the treated area.
- Microneedling is performed by our trained technicians under the supervision of experienced Plastic Surgeons.
- This treatment improves skin texture, pigmentation, and wrinkles.
- Regular monthly sessions might be prescribed to maintain the results.
- Microneedling is safe for all skin types. Patients should share the details of any skin infection they suffered from previously with their doctors.
- Patients should avoid alcohol, smoking, and intake of any blood thinners 3-4 weeks prior to the treatment.
- This treatment is not right for the patients who have an open or fresh wound on the skin.
There may be pinpoint bleeding but it is nothing to worry about.
Post-procedure marks and redness are common side effects, but these fade away in a few days.
It is important that you consult a skin specialist before getting microneedling done. At-home dermarollers or other microneedling devices can damage your skin.
Without the serums we use for one’s specific concerns at SB Aesthetics, it won’t give the same results.
Dr. Shilpi Bhadani, Director & Chief Plastic Surgeon at SB Aesthetics, suggests getting the treatment done at a trusted Aesthetic Center to avoid any serious damage to your skin.
At SB Aesthetics as well, we follow international standards of hygiene and patient care to avoid any kind of infections.
Microneedling is used to treat-
- Acne Scar
- Burn Scar
- Stretch Marks
Patients have reported seeing a glowing, supple and soft skin, just a few days after the procedure. Blemishes and acne scars also fade over time. Your skin care products will be better absorbed by the skin after a microneedling treatment.